Maintenance Technician Role Description
This position is responsible for electro-mechanical maintenance duties in a batching and drying SQF 3 processing facility. Maintains all equipment and support systems through preventative maintenance and breakdown support, including but not limited to pumps, valves, pneumatic systems, electrical devices (sensors, PLCs, VFDs), conveyors, motors, boilers, refrigeration, utilities, small improvement projects, and minor building/grounds work.
5am-5pm or 5pm-5am. There is a $2/hour premium for night shift. Schedule is two-week rotating.
- Ensures operation of mechanical and electrical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on food processing systems, motors, conveyor systems, and production equipment; follows diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshoots and repairs malfunctions.
- Maintain mechanical and electrical systems, including but not limited to refrigeration, boilers, air systems, and wastewater systems.
- Locates sources of problems by observing equipment in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments when needed to repair or verify equipment setup.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, hand, and power tools; examining equipment for wear and damage.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, straight edges etc.
- Performs routine maintenance of building and grounds.
- Communicate with management on day-to-day maintenance issues
- Controls downtime by informing production workers and managers of necessary preventive maintenance tasks; monitors compliance.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Successfully complete assigned maintenance tasks in allotted time.
- Follow all OSHA safety regulations and procedures
- Understand and comply with company, industry, state, and federal regulations
- Follow all Safety and Bio-Security Procedures
- Ensure a safe and clean work environment
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the HACCP system.
- Reports and takes any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Follows and enforces procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the HACCP, Regulatory, and other 3rd party audits.
Required Skills / Experience
- Mechanically inclined, maintenance background in an industrial setting.
- Ability to weld and fabricate metal
- Industrial electrical knowledge and experience (working with PLCs, VFDs, sensors).
- Knowledge of basic chemical usage and safety
- Ability to operate power tools and equipment safely
- Ability to operate forklifts, tractors, trucks, and lifts
- Ability to work on a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in high elevations
- Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate information through writing and speaking so others will understand
- Attention to detail
- Hand/Eye/Foot Coordination
- Independent Self Starter/Team Player
- Awareness and knowledge of surroundings in relation to climate, atmosphere, and equipment
- Mathematical skills: General Arithmetic/Basic algebra/Percentages/Fractions
- Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet explorer
- Advanced English: fluent: speaking, reading, and writing
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance.
- Fine Motor Skills
- Process Controls Skills
- Three years Electrical experience
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Generous PTO package
- 11 paid holidays annually
- Referral incentives
- Team environment with advancement possibilities
- Company picnics and outings
- Overtime capabilities
- Beloit, WI
It is the policy of Spray-Tek Inc. to provide equal opportunity in employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, age, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free/smoke free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Application of Employment
Please click on the button below and complete the application.