Production Planning Manager Role Description
The Production Planning Manager is expected to be a highly organized, self-starter with excellent work-ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. This individual has an excellent understanding of the full production process and will lead all activities related to the successful execution of spray drying and related services, production orders, and department management. This includes scheduling, production capacity and planning, personnel management, raw material, and packaging purchases, as well as profitability by reducing cost. The Production Planning Manager reports to the Director of Operations. Monthly reviews will include goal setting, progress reports, challenges, staff review, and process strategy.
- Schedules production orders for two facilities and two support areas.
- Handles customer service inquiries.
- Displays working knowledge of production trials and operation planning process.
- Provides proactive communication of project status, budget, issues and risks to internal and external customers within a 24-hour window.
- Builds and maintains relationships with potential and current customers.
- Ensures all jobs are delivered on time.
- Completes the necessary BatchMetrics™️ module data including aligning MRP, equipment time confirmations, open and closing of process orders, closing reservations, and master recipe creation.
- Tracks and consolidates key metrics, identifies trends, proposes corrective actions to protect the production plan.
- Directs the procurement of raw materials and packaging with vendors; maintains inventory of all materials.
- Develops a positive, proactive work environment which empowers staff and promotes safety, teamwork, trust and quality.
- Leads staff training / cross training to increase departmental efficiencies and continuous improvement.
- Ensure adherence to departmental SOPs.
- Maintains “World Class” level of customer service measured by customer satisfaction surveys.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS Degree in Logistics, Manufacturing, Operations, or a related field is preferred and/or 4 to 6 years of experience in a production planning setting.
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent negotiating and communication skills.
- Must possess and demonstrate strong leadership qualities and be a motivator of people.
- Must be able to interact effectively with a variety of individuals and personalities within and between departments.
- Knowledge and experience in cGMPs and relevant Safety Regulations (e.g., OSHA)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and BatchMetrics™️.
- Knowledge of Kosher certification guidelines for the Food Industry.
- Travel between New Jersey and Pennsylvania facilities is required.
- Education: BS in Logistics, Manufacturing, Operations or a related field is preferred and/or 4 to 6 years of experience in a production setting.
- Experience: 4 to 6 years of experience in a production setting. Experience in a cGMP environment.
Submit Your Resume
If you are interested in this position, please fill out the form below (put the name of the position in the subject line) and upload your resume.