Production Supervisor Role Description
The Production Supervisor supervises and coordinates the activities of a multi-shift process operation that can include spray drying in a safe, productive and efficient manner. The Production Supervisor’s responsibilities include finite scheduling and production of quality flavors to meet objectives and satisfy customer requirements. The Production Supervisor reports directly to the Production Manager. The Production Supervisor interacts daily with the Production Manager, QC Manager, Maintenance, Operations, and Engineering. They interface with warehouse personnel in the movement of approved raw materials into production. The Production Supervisor deals regularly with USDA, Rabbinical Services, and Customer Service to ensure quality and safety in manufacturing of products. The Production Supervisor reports to the Production Manager for assignments, direction and assistance.
- Supervise all production operations, ensuring quality production following established procedures and according to good manufacturing practice.
- Delegate work, shift assignments, and overtime in a fair and equitable manner to meet production objectives.
- Train, direct, discipline, and evaluate subordinates.
- Conduct performance reviews and contributes input toward compensation.
- Ensure that all safety procedures and practices are followed, and that required safety equipment is utilized.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of supplies, and packing materials to sustain production needs within the guidelines of the production cost center budget.
- Responsibilities for maintaining all areas and equipment in a clean, neat, orderly manner within good manufacturing practices.
- Maintain operating equipment, issues work orders, schedules, and monitors maintenance work progress and completion.
- Maintain the documentation, accuracy, and security of production sheets.
- Maintain compliance with the HACCP Plan.
Required Skills / Experience
- Computer literate with strong math and reading skills
- BS in relative field
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lead and work well with others
- Ability to learn quickly and highlight process improvements
- Ability to distinguish between various hues of color
- Ability to operate a fork lift
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Must have Spray Dry experience
- Bilingual is a plus
- Bethlehem, PA
- Middlesex, NJ
Application of Employment
Please click on the button below and complete the application.