Quality Technician Role Description
The Quality Technician (QT) is expected to be a self-motivated, focused, and flexible individual with a positive approach to quality and risk mitigation. This individual must be able to identify potential quality issues in a manufacturing environment and follow through with actions to resolve them. Communication with all departments within the organization is paramount. The Quality Technician will report to the Quality Manager and be expected to perform tasks listed in this job description or as assigned.
- Ensure production is conducted utilizing cGMP at all times
- Complete and/or oversee all in-process testing including some basic laboratory instrumentation.
- Supervise and manage all product samples taken for retain, lab testing, or customers
- Verify cleanliness of dryer and associated equipment
- Confirm BatchMetrics instructions are followed
- Sample finished product containers as needed
- Verify established Critical Control Points are followed
- Submit samples to 3rd party laboratories
- Maintain Spray-Tek retain inventory
- Conduct instrument verification as required
- Participate in facility audits
- Perform magnet verification
- Conduct environmental monitoring swabbing
- Conduct allergen verifications
- Conduct water sampling and testing
In addition, the Quality Technician will support the following activities as needed:
- Documentation updates
- Quality investigations
- Trial support
- Safety inspections
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS Degree in a scientific discipline or related experience may substitute for education.
- Must have experience in a cGMP environment, food manufacturing a plus.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must be able to identify issues and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Must have a strong work ethic and attention to detail. Must be reliable.
- Must have familiarity with basic laboratory practices and equipment (balances, pH meters)
- Experience with advanced instrumentation (such as Mettler Toledo T7 titrator, Malvern particle size analyzer, Sartorius moisture analyzer) a plus.
- Education: BS in Science or related experience
- Experience: 1-5 year(s) experience in a cGMP environment
Submit Your Resume
If you are interested in this position, please fill out the form below (put the name of the position in the subject line) and upload your resume.